This is 19 Wargrave Road, Twyford. The building is over 150 years old and was given to the men of Twyford Village in 1919 as a thank you for their service in the Great War.
Inside the building there is a memorial listing the name of Twyford men who returned from the Great War and those that did not.
This historic building is currently used by Twyford Snooker Club and is also open for hire. The hall is in need of total repair, and over the next 4 years we need to raise at least £65,000 to save this historical building. Thanks to the donations received to date, we have now replaced the roof, however everything else from plumbing to plastering is in a very sorry state and in need of urgent repair.
We hope to be able to complete the project in time to rededicate this wonderful memorial building to the brave men of Twyford who fought for us in the Great War, exactly 100 years after the original gift of the property in 1919.